Alfawise U20 Preview and Live Build
Gearbest was nice enough to send an Alfawise U20 3D Printer. This is a Gearbest version of the CR10 3D Printer. Coming in at a large 300 x 300 x 400 mm build volume. In many ways it is a direct copy with the same build volume, and external control box with built in power supply. The biggest difference is a new touch screen interface. It also has a filament run out sensor and Power outage protection.
The Alfawise U20 has a quick build time, coming mostly built, but shipped flat. This is a copy of a CR10 and has one Z rod instead of the twin Z rods found in CR10s.
- Out of the box, it has great cooling. I think the best of any stock 3D Printer I have used.
- Touch Screen Interface is really nice.
- Glass on bed adheres well, and releases the print well.
- Firmware is updated regularly.
- Firmware is very easy to update.
- Decent rubber feet under the printer.
- Decent sized roll of filament.
- Large Build area.
- LOUD – Seriously, the part cooling fan is so loud. (this is the only con I consider a problem)
- Did not print out of the box, needed firmware update.
- Touch interface is flush mounted to the top of the control box, I wish it was angled up.
- The wrapping around the cables is stiff, makes moving them more difficult.
- MicroSD card needed to be formatted to work right.
- Not the best filament. Needs flow multiplier increased to print well.
I had to find minor quibbles as cons. It really has blown me away. Most of the cons are easily overcome (format the micro SD card, update firmware). I do think the pros outweigh the cons quite a bit. The loudness could be an issue for people.
If you looking for this 3D Printer, you can order it on Gearbest.
Alfawise U20 Live Build