Sovol 3D SV02 Preview and Live Build Video
My main workhorse 3D Printer is the Sovol 3D SV01. This 3D Printer can print miniatures with a .08 mm layer height and can also print terrain with the generous 280 x 240 x 300 mm build area. I was very excited when Sovol 3D offered me a SV02 to review, which I am thankful to them for sending it to me. The Sovol 3D SV02 is very much like the SV01. It has the same build area of 280 x 240 x 300 mm (though, in dual color printing, it is reduced to 240 x 220 x 300mm). It has an ultrabase like glass bed, and a full, square base for added stability. Also, like its predecessor it has a Meanwell power supply which is a step up over the inexpensive power supplies you find in most 3D Printers at this price point. It has a number of additional features I’ll talk about in just a bit. This 3D Printer also has a 2 in 1 out print head to allow for dual color printing.
Sovol 3D SV02 Features
- Dual filament printing : 2-in-1-out hot end allows for printing with 2 colors of filament.
- Silent Board : with TMC2208 drivers
- Meanwell Power Supply : Higher quality power supply to print safely.
- Dual Z-Axis motors : This helps to keep the gantry even while printing.
- Resume printing : Allows you to resume from your last layer printed.
- Textured glass plate : This is an Ultrabase like glass surface that holds your print while warm, but releases as it cools.
- Color touch screen : This is a nice, smooth display. No buttons/knobs.
- Rubber Feet : This may seem like a nonsensical item, but this unit has nice, rubber feet. It gets the base off of the surface you have printer on and helps reduce jitters.
- Yellow Bed Springs and Large Level Knobs : The yellow springs help hold the bed level longer and the large level knobs make leveling the bed so much easier. Great Quality of Life additions.
- Fully built, Square base : Some printers save money by not building a full-square base. Those H-style bases are not as stable (in my opinion). This uses more material and works better.
- Optional: BL Touch ready : If you want to add a BL touch, you can, easily.
This printer has a number premium features that usually cost quite a bit extra to update your printer with. And this is done at pretty inexpensive $349.00 price tag.
Affiliate sales help this site and do not cost you any more. So any time you click on a link, it really does help my site out. The following links to purchase the printer are affiliate links:
Sovol 3D SV02 Upgrades
Much like my SV01 I don’t see a lot of need to update this 3D Printer. That being said, I have added one modification on my SV01 and now the SV02. It is a Rail cover for the Y Pully. It’s a free print from Thingiverse and I like how it protects the roller.
Sovol 3D SV02 Prints
The first print I have printed on this, came off the MicroSD card. It is a butterfly that prints in place and is fully articulate and each panel alternates color. It prints on a raft and once it came off the raft, it was fully articulating. To say that I was impressed is a bit of an understatement. It was fully articulated and looks great. As time goes on, I’ll add to this to show what the printer is capable of.
Sovol 3D SV02 Unboxing Video